Already have a Username/Password for Journal of Human Security?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Guidelines for Authors
Thank you for considering Librello as a venue to publish your work. Please note that Librello is an association, and we only accept submissions from our members. If you are not a member yet, please take a look at the Membership page in the Menu bar. Please read carefully the instructions bellow to prepare your manuscript accordingly or download our guidelines as PDF. For your convenience, you may prepare your manuscript using this template file.
Original manuscripts must be submitted in the format .odt or .doc., 12pt times new roman, left aligned and with double-line spacing. The first page must contain the tentative title, the list of authors (corresponding author must be identified) with their full affiliation (institution and postal address). Telephone and Fax numbers and e-mail address for the corresponding author should be given.
The Title should describe precisely and concisely the manuscript. It should be written in title case, i.e., all words should be capitalized, with the exception of prepositions, conjunctions and articles.
The Abstract should not exceed 300 words. It should introduce the study, explain briefly the techniques and summarize the most important findings and conclusions. Below the Abstract, the author should list 4-10 Keywords alphabetically ordered.
Citations in the text should be done as numbers in square brackets, and the numbers must be ordered by the appearance in the text. The list of References must appear at the end of the manuscript, and the references must be formatted according to our style. For your convenience, you can download our style using the following hyperlinks for End Note or Zotero and Mendeley. Footnotes are not allowed, notes must be cited in the text following the same rule as for references, and the notes must appear among the list of references.
Figures and Tables must be inserted in the manuscript after their first mention in the text. The header of the Tables and the captions of the Figures should be concise, while providing enough information for the reader. Please provide us with Figures in high resolution, suitable for be printed in the current size.
Examples of bibliography:
1. Author1 AB, Author2 AB. Title of the article. Journal Name. 2000;1(1):1-20.
1. Author1 AB, Author2 AB. Title of the book. 3 ed. City, Country: Publisher; 2000.
1. Author1 AB, Author2 AB. Title of the section/chapter. In: Editor1 AB, Editor2 AB, editors. Title of the Book. 3 ed. City, Country: Publisher; 2000. p. 1-20.
Proceedings of Conference
1. Author1 AB, Author2 AB Title of the contribution. In: Editor1 AB, Editor2 AB (eds) Name of the Conference, City, Country, 2000. Publisher, pp 1-20.
1. Author1 AB, Author2 AB. Title of the website. (Assessed on 20 August 2000); Available from: www.url.com.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- This article was not published neither is being considered for publication anywhere else and all authors agree with this present submission.
- The authors agree that the manuscript will be published under a Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
- The first or corresponding author agrees to engage the membership program or to support the publication of the article by a post-acceptance publication fee.
- The text was prepared according to the guidelines for authors, the Figures and Tables appear after their first mention in the text, and a zip-file containing all figures in high resolution was prepared and will be submitted as supplementary files.
- The literature used was cited in the text using numbers in square brackets, and the list of references was prepared according to the Vancouver style.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
This journal charges the following author fees.
Post-Acceptance Publication: 350.00 (EUR)
If this paper is accepted for publication, you will be asked to pay an Article Publication Fee to cover publications costs.
If the author has purchased an annual membership or is affiliated to an institution with institutional-membership, this fee does not apply.
If you do not have funds to pay such fees, you will have an opportunity to waive each fee. We do not want fees to prevent the publication of worthy work.